Saturday, April 11, 2009

Did God Really Say...




I love art class pottery. When I used to go to the elementary school art shows, I couldn't wait until my kids were old enough to do the clay projects. The girls each brought home several wonderful pieces. When I moved across the country, I loaded one representative piece of each of theirs on the truck. Sadly, a few had to be left behind. (Impulsively, I hid one fine piece in the ivy on West Ave. to be discovered by a future adventurer. I can only hope they recognize a treasure when they find one. )
Yesterday, the Goober arrived home from school with a surprise for me in his packback. A one of a kind, hand crafted bowl. With a little green trim.
Carefully glazed so that I can use it for serving food.
There is a difference between girl pottery and boy pottery. Girl pottery is used for candy dishes or candle holders. It has butterflies cut into the design. Boy pottery is more robust. It is painted black. It has serpents in the design.
This is from the Goober's Garden of Eden collection. We call it, "Did God Really Sssssay...?"

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

Which piece of mine made it. And whose did you leave in the ivy?

Anastasia said...

the best part is, the snake looks exactly like his art.