Monday, December 21, 2009

Good Weekend to be a Cowboy

The University of Wyoming Cowboys win their bowl game in overtime and the Dallas Cowboys defeat the undefeated Saints. Yeehaw!
In other football related news--I talked to Amidala during the second half of the Steelers game. The STP muted the game so I could hear. So it was like watching the game as if I were deaf. And Amanda was not near a TV, so I was describing the action and providing color commentary. She said it was like watching the game as if she were blind. (Only she was driving at the time so it was a good thing she isn't really blind.) I told her things like Roethlisberger is a really long name and its a good thing Ben has broad shoulders. And I told her whenever Ben got sacked. And she said, "Oh, that's a horse and buggy!" And I thought that must be an Eastern PA phrase that meant, "Oh, drat!" But really the oncoming traffic was a horse and buggy. Like a real horse pulling a real buggy. But, all the same, we will henceforth use the phrase 'horse and buggy' anytime things are not going our way.
Roethlisberger to Wallace? That's no horse and buggy.

No comments: