Monday, March 15, 2010

Currently Last In A Long Line of Tables

This is my coffee table.  I traded in my old couch and chair and love seat and added twenty dollars to rescue it from the used furniture store.  It wasn't this color when I rescued it.  I painted it brown, but not because I thought it should be the color of coffee.  This color is called 'Baker's Chocolate'.  (I don't know who names paint colors, but they should know that I am very influenced by the names on the little paint chips.)  Baker's Chocolate.  Yummy.  This is a great piece, not only because it is chocolate colored, but because it is really solid.  And I can prop my feet up on it.  And sit on it if I want to.  And it has a little secret.  As in 'secret compartment'. 
I'll show it to you if you promise not to tell anyone. 
I painted the secret compartment 'Indian Gem'. 

And then I got a little carried away and painted the insides of all the drawers Indian Gem as well. 
And if I put a little Indian figurine in the drawer and close it then the little Indian will come to life and build a little Indian village in my big room.  (I haven't actually tried this yet, but it could happen...)  And then it will make a little fire and brew some coffee.  And one cup of hot chocolate for me.  And we'll kick back and put our feet up and talk about what we're going to plant in our gardens if Spring ever really gets here. 

4 comments:

Abi said...

wow... I tell you what sir... wow! looks great. Tell the indian hello for me.

Abi said...

New sofas in the big room?

Amanda said...

OH can i pretend i am a little indian and come put my feet up and drink coffee and ho-cho with you? or even better i'll just meet you in sedona :)

Miss Brenda said...

We can probably get coffee in Sedona, but I'll bring some hot chocolate just to be sure. Hopefully, we will also need some iced tea.