Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ms Brenda's Productive Day Off

Today I had a day off.  And the STP was hunting on the mountain.  And the Goob slept until noon. 
So I made myself a list.  And I did everything on the list that I wanted to.  There were some things I should have done, but I didn't even put them on the list.  And there were two things that I put on the list that I knew from the beginning I was going to do last, if at all.  And I never got to them.  The STP will not be surprised when he gets home and sees they are not done.  He must know by now that I am never going to (1)iron his shirts or (2)clean off the dining room table.  But I cleaned out the SFG and the flower boxes and I made the STP a gluten free apple cake.  And I have another table.  So I think I am golden today.  It was such a beautiful fall day I thought I would share it with you.
Here are three pots I bought at a yard sale early this morning.  I planted something in each of them.


These are the carrots that are the last thing harvested from the SFG.  Obviously I planted a medley of carrots, some of which were pink and some of which were short and stubby.  Something I was unaware of because carrots, as you may know, grow under the ground.  I posed the carrots on the washer, because I also did several loads of laundry today and my washer, although very functional, is not particularly photogenic in and of itself.

These are the sunflowers that I cut down from along the front fence.  I left the heads in the birdbath for the squirrels to eat. (And because they just looked good there.)






This is the current arrangement by the front door.  Today I added the seed heads from my coneflowers.  They look better than this picture gives them credit. 


So I know by now you wish you really could have been here to share my day.  Because it was the kind of day where you could drink apple cider with me and eat apple cake with a fork right from the pan warm from the oven.  It was a great fall day.  But I missed you.

No comments: