Sunday, February 27, 2011

Four Twentyfourths Equals One Sixth

So far, so good, with my two books a month, but should I be 1/6 done with all my goals for the year?
Two thoughts from Forgotten God then:
1.  What must a caterpillar think when it wakes up from a long nap with wings and can fly?  Behold I am a new creation.  The Spirit of Him Who raised Jesus from the dead lives in me.  Pretty sure I am not taking advantage of all that means in my life.  I don't want to crawl when I can fly.
2.  I need to worry less about "God's will for my life." God cares more about my response to His Spirit's leading today, in this moment, than what I plan to do next year.  Walk by the Spirit.  Instead of worrying about His will for my future, I need to ask God what He wants me to do in the next ten minutes
Pretty sure it was not 'eat a bag of Honey BBQ Flavor Twist Fritos.'

Books Five and Six?
The Grasshopper Trap by Patrick F. McManus
Fearless by Max Lucado

No comments: