Saturday, February 12, 2011

Glorious One

It was a dark and dreary morning.  It has been an especially long and cloudy winter. 
And as you probably already know it is not usually like that here.
You may also know that I have been enamored with sunrises, sunsets, moon halos and eclipses.  This past year was full of the most spectacular displays in the sky above my head.  And I have marvelled at the magnificence of the celestial bodies and the God who created them and holds them in place.  But Monday, on my way to work, I was listening to Steve Fee's song "Glorious One".  And I wasn't just listening.  I was singing along with reckless abandon like I can only when I am alone in my car on a deserted stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere.  (I think I will be able to sing like this in heaven, only better.  Surely with my glorified new body I will get a glorified new voice as well.  Although I think my heavenly Father is pleased to hear me sing His praises even with my less-than-glorified voice.  Kind of like how moms are happy to get a handful of dandelions from their kids.)  Anywho, as I was listening and singing, God Himself was providing the background visuals to the lyrics.  And even though the day was cloudy in the east and I could not see the sunrise, the sky in the west  opened up and the sun shone down in shades of pink and lit up the snow covered mountains.  Like God Himself doing the worship powerpoint.



Glorious One
Glorious One
Light of the world
You outshine the sun

And I was reminded that God is greater than, more magnificent than, in fact, outshines, the sun.  What a great God. 
Our hands are lifted high
our hearts are bowing reverence
and we're surrounded by
the glory of Your presence

While my heart was reverent, I kept both eyes on the road and I only lifted one hand at a time. 

With every heart that's been redeemed
we're lifting our song to the Glorious King

But I lifted my song and I set it on repeat.
With every creature every tongue
We're lifting our voice to the Glorious One

And I think the rocks on the mountaintops were crying out as well.  It was just that kind of morning.
On my way home it was snowing and blowing like crazy and I was listening to "Jesus Paid It All"

Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

White as snow, white as snow.  I was going to take my snowflakes down off the porch today, but I decided to leave them a few more weeks.  As a right-out-there-in-front-of-God-and-everyone reminder of how great my God is.

O praise the One who paid my debt
And raised this life up from the dead

1 comment:

Simply Shelley said...

Just came across your blog by chance this Lord's day...glad I did....what you have shared is beautiful...God received much glory from your song of worship,I am sure... I was blessed just by your description of his magnificence....the picture is beautiful...you are very blessed to live in such a glorious part of Gods creation with such beauty surrounding you......thanks so much for sharing....I was blessed....