Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Valentine's Contest

The Dodge City Gazette has a Valentine's Day contest with great prizes.  You have to identify baby/childhood pictures of several couples from town.  (Young people ((like myself!))who are new to town are at a definate disadvantage.)  Last year I did not play.  This year I did.  I interviewed people at Dodge City Federal S&L.  I asked people at church.  I changed my answers several times.  Basically, I cheated.  But by Monday morning I had it ready to turn in.  The only problem was that the Gazette office opens at 9:00am and the contest closed at 4:00pm.  And I worked out of town from 8:00am to 4:30pm.  Normally, I would ask the STP to run this errand for me, but he was still in a state of PSD (Post Superbowl Depression) so I was just going to drop it in the mail slot on my way out of town Monday morning.  Only, go figure, the Gazette does not have a mail drop. 
Being the resourceful person I am, and determined to actually enter the contest, I dropped my entry into the night drop at the bank instead.  Because that is the benenfit of living in a small town.  So my wonderful co-worker at the bank dropped off my entry on her lunch break.  And if I win, I am taking her to dinner. 
Winners could be annnounced in this week's Gazette.  What with that and girl scout cookies being delivered this month, I have a lot to look forward to.

2 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

Sadly, I did not win the contest. But I still have the thin mints and Samoas to look forward to...

abi said...

I think with thin mints and samoas you are the winner already! love you mommy :)