Monday, February 28, 2011

In The Badlands

May 2009
That is where I am in the process of archiving my pictures.  The Queen of Queens congratulated me because she thinks I only have one year to go.  She evidently thinks I have started with the oldest pictures and worked my way forward through time.  In fact, I have archived one year--2010--and I am working my way back through time.  I am almost half way through 2009.  I don't remember when I started taking digital pictures.  Or where the pictures prior to 2007 are.  I know that I have boxes of unlabeled and unsorted pictures and negatives and slides dating back over 30 years.  And now I have several DVDs. 
I vaguely recall an old Star Trek episode where they find these old discs on a deserted planet and the engineer on the away team figures out how to make the computer play them.  Someday, if someone from another planet's away team finds my archives, they will not have a clue what life was really like here. 
Here is the Goob's interpretation of this picture from our trip through the badlands:   He is saying, "Can I get back in the car now?"  I am saying, "Stand here and get your picture taken.  We need this for the family archives."  

No comments: