Tuesday, February 15, 2011

After All These Years

Finally after 35 Valentine's Days we have got this right.  The STP got me 1 ounce of French lettuce seeds .  Because he knows I've always wanted to go to France.  And since that is so not happening this year I can instead plant 60 square feet of 14 varieties of French lettuce.  Since I devote two of the sixteen square feet of my SFG to lettuce, that is enough for 30 plantings.  Magnifique!  
But that is not all.  No that is not all.  The STP took the other love of my life (The Goob) on the biannual Valentine's Day ice fishing trip today.  On the way back from the lake he stopped by the Cowboy Chocolatier and brought me home some fine Meeteetse Mud along with 6 fish.  Cause if there is one thing I like better than French lettuce it is Belgian chocolate. 
And speaking of two feet, lets talk briefly about my gift to the STP.  You must know here that I inherited my gift giving savvy directly from my Dad.  (There will be a chapter on this in one of the books.  I'm not sure if it will be in my Mom's book or my Dad's book, but I'm pretty sure there is enough material on this subject for two chapters.)  And remember that I also inherited his feet.  Dry scaley feet that snag blankets and make all pantyhose single use.  So as a gift to my dear husband, I soaked and sanded and creamed and emu oiled my feet until they were no longer like coarse sandpaper.  And then I painted all nine of my toenails bright red.  And I was pretty sure they were the sexiest two feet around.  Right up until I tried to take a picture to show you. 
And they looked kind of wrinkled.









And mishapen.
And it was hard to hide that one big toe.(But I'm not really ready to blog about the mower accident of '93.)







Close ups were no better. 
One foot no better than two.








And it went from bad to worse.  From ridiculous...









....to grotesque.













So I decided to share my chocolate with the STP.  And at the end of the day it was all good.
Its good to know that our love isn't based on gifts.  It is a gift.
Still love you, STP.  After all these years.

1 comment:

nancyann said...

I laughed until I cried. Thank you