Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Moon Shadow

 I was trying to decide if I was going to stay up and see the eclipse.  So I sent the STP out in the cold to look at the moon for me.  And he suggested I come out and see for myself.  The eclipse had not begun, but the moon had a magnificent lunar halo.  My wonderful niece first alerted me to a lunar halo.  She did all the research on it. 

This is the one outside my wonderful house right now.  I tried to get a good picture of it. I used my wide setting. But it is too big.   And it is dark outside.  So I changed my ISO.  (My camera will never be the same.  The last time any settings were changed on it was at the Grand Canyon, when a helpful tourist set them for me so I could take a picture with the sun in the background.  They'be been set that way since May.) I used my gorillapod.  I laid on my back on the freezing cold ground.  This was the best I could do.  I did not really capture it, but trust me it was awesome. 
I think I can go to bed right now and be perfectly happy.   After all, I've been blogging since the last total eclipse of the moon.  And my photography skills have not really improved since then.

1 comment:

Abi said...

it's lovely. thanks for sharing with those of us snuggled in our nice warm beds last night.