Friday, December 10, 2010

A Listless Christmas

Dear Extended Lane family: 
Hope you are not waiting for my Christmas list for this year.  Because I am not making one.  And I'm not reading yours.  So don't expect me to get you anything on your list.  Because the truth is that none of us need anything.  And also the truth is that I can't remember what I got you last year, or even what you got me.  (Of course last Christmas' memories are a blur of emergency rooms, hospital rooms, and funeral homes.  And my memory in general is lacking.)  So this year I am getting you something I think you will like.  And if I am way off, then maybe we should get to know each other better.  Or stop exchanging gifts. 
This year I made something for our three family exchange gifts.  Something I compiled, something I knit, and something I painted.  Customization ala Ms Brenda.  Now don't you wish I had your name?