Saturday, October 29, 2011

Car Book

'Car book' has been on my 'to do' list for  a month.  I never read it, I never cross it off the list, and I just keep transferring it to my new 'to do' list. 
The car book came with my new car. (In September.) I imagine it tells me how to use the radio, the windshild wipers, and the lights.  It explains when to change the oil, what grade of gasoline I should use, and how the door locks work.  I could use some of this information.  The lights have four settings.   I just choose one.  And there are lights.  I guess I really should know which lights I have lit. I have considered getting out of the car and looking at the lights but I am afraid the car will lock me out if I have the key inside and the car is running.  So when I warm the car up on frosty mornings I have to leave a door ajar so I do not lock myself out.  It takes a little longer to warm up with the door open.  I think it might also appear to invite car thieves.  They probably explain this in the car book.
This week the STP is deathly ill, so I had to pump my own gas.  And I did that just fine.  But when I tried to reset the odometer, I changed the display from miles to kilometers.  Evidently repeatedly pushing the button is not the way to reset the odometer.  So now my digital display is in kilometers.  And in my head I have to go, "If 5k = 3.1mi how many miles are in 58k?"  And I can't do that in my head.  So I am putting 'Car book' on my list of things to do this weekend.
On the upside, I appear to be getting great mileage on this tank of gas.

1 comment:

planemech2us said...

Amazing info in car books. You really should read some of it.