Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Don't Stand Still

Or I will paint you.  Along with a return to cooking, fall obviously brings an irrepressible desire to paint things. So far this month, in addition to the skelemingoes and my toenails, I have painted a jungle's worth of animals for the church nursery.

And two pumpkins.  Because I had left over black paint.

  And because, if you believe the ladies' magazines, black pumpkins are all the rage this fall.

 And because there is something wrong with me.









And today I am painting my project from yesterday.  The STP helped me build something.  Actually we built two somethings--one for me and one for my favorite son-in-law.  (just seeing if you guys are out there :) )  I am painting my something green and I am finishing his something with a light oak stain and polyurethane.

 I am trying to keep the something a surprise until Thanksgiving.  When my favorite son-in-law will visit and I will present him with a large wooden object to take back in his suitcase.  

Note to my other sons-in-law:  If you will bring my daughters and grandbabies to Thanksgiving, I promise not to paint anything for you.  And it could be just the thing to elevate you to favorite status.  Just saying.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

your nursery guys are SO adorable!!! also, i'm glad to know i married the favorite :)

Abi said...

The leaf on our black pumpkin says "Romeo Died..." Where is this news print from?