Sunday, October 16, 2011

Deer Me

Opening day was successful for the STP.  If you look closely, you can see him here with his prey.  (He is right under the orange hat, in case you can't see him in his camo.) 
 I myself have seen 5 bucks in the last 4 days.  On Thursday morning I saw 4 on my walk along the dike.  Two of them were doing that male head butting thing like you see on Monday Night Football.  I was close enough to hear the clicking of their antlers.  I wished I had my camera with me, but then I remembered that I wouldn't get the picture anyway, so I just enjoyed the sight.  Then this evening I saw the biggest buck EVER cross the street in front of my house and step over the neighbor's fence into the back yard.  It crossed the road in front of two truckloads of camo overloaded hunters.  They pulled over to get a better look.  But I saw him first.  I am a great hunter.  And a pretty good finder.
But the STP is the only one of us putting meat in the freezer.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i neither understand, nor like the photos that hunters take with their deer. they gross me out with all the blood, and their dead eyes lookin at me... but YAY congrats Dad!