Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cross It Off

Okay, this afternoon I tackled the car book.  Which might in fact contain Important Information on Safety, Operation and Maintenance.
(It might be hard, however, to prove it by me.)




 Here I am multitasking.  Oh yes I am.  I am reading the car book and watching the Steelers and the Broncos. 

Here is some of what I uncovered during the brief time my eyes were open..  The Owner's Manual was written by technical writers.  Who may or may not speak English as their first language.
The Owner's Manual has a good number of pictures.  Most of which are warnings of things not to do.
I thought this one meant "Don't even try to figure out your Lighting Control Lever",  because it was followed by 4 full pages of instructions on how to turn on your headlights. Including this chart:
The STP tried to explain it to me.  IF my ignition is on, my engine is off, my Lighting Control Lever switch is set to auto, and it is dark outside, then my D.R.L.s will be OFF.  IF my ignition is on, my engine is on, my Lighting Control Lever is switched to Little Lights, and it is light outside, then my D.R.L.s will be ON.  This plus however many combinations are statistically possible from a chart this size. 
IF I want my ignition on, my engine on, my switch set to off, it is dark outside and I want my D.R.L.s OFF...Sorry, no can do.
Except my favorite airplane mechanic gave me a little car tip this morning at church.  And remarkably my car thinks like a Camaro. So, thanks, Planemech, for solving my lighting dilemma.
I went a little further in the car book.
Until I saw this.  Which is just wrong.

So I put my car book back in the car, where it said to keep it at all times.
I might get used to kilometers per hour.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

"Front airbags will probably not inflate if your car is picked up and thrown by a giant and strikes the ground at a 30 degree angle or less. cross your fingers and hope to hit the ground at a 31 degree angle or higher. or just stay away from giants. although one might come in handy if your car ever decides to lay down for a nap and you need help to wake it and right it back onto its wheels."

good luck with your kilometers!

planemech2us said...

Next, we'll work on the Kph thing.