Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bring Your Antlers to Church Day

The second annual.  Just in case you've been wondering what we've been up to.  Sad that the STP had to stand next to the guy with the gigunda antler.  And the girl.  Remember, don't judge a man by the size of his antlers.
And because I was neglectful in keeping you updated on the STP's hunting season here are a few pics from the archive.
The elk.  (This hunting story from Novemeber was too gruesome for me to share.  When the up a hill and down a hill was followed by shooting an elk and when it included tracking 'her' up a hill and down a hill, additional shots, and pools of blood, I couldn't bear to listen.  So I will likewise spare you the details.)  I will not hunt until it is shoot and release.
The butcher.  The Goob with a cleaver.  Cross one more life skill off the list of things he has to know before I launch him.  So the season ended with a freezer full of deer and elk.  Let's call that success.

No comments: