Monday, February 20, 2012

Crying Wolf

While the STP and I were in Yellowstone we saw the wolves.  First we saw this lone wolf on a rocky outcropping.
Oh no, that was the plush wolf on a pillow top that greeted us in our room upon arrival.  For $17.99 he could have been mine.  I just took his picture.
This is the lone wolf on the rocky outcropping.  What? You can't see him?  You're not even sure where the rocky outcropping is?
Use your glasses, or your 12X camera zoom and voila!  Lone wolf on rocky outcropping.
Okay, wait for the snow to let up and try again.
Oh, you aren't really disappointed with my wildlife photography are you?  Any of you who know my Lassie history should really appreciate the awesomeness of this shot.   Just think of this as "blurry memory jogger".  The wolf was lifting his head and howling.  Way cool sound.  Across the road a flock den pride herd pack of wolves was moving about the hillside and howling back.  Oh, you'd like to see a picture of that too?   Let me not disappoint you further.
Guess you had to be there.  I did snap this pic of Teddy Roosevelt who was wolf watching with us. 
And when I came home I did a little research on wildlife photography.  And I came across a website of a wild life photographer that takes wicked awesome pictures of wildlife in Yellowstone including wolves.  And for an undisclosed fee, he will take me along on a custom tour.  And I started dreaming about actually doing this.  And then I read that Tom (If I am going custom touring with him in the Yellowstone wilderness, we might as well be on a first name basis) would like to go on a bicycle tour between chocolate shops in Belgium.  And for just a moment, I forgot all 107 things I love about the STP.  Because I have just found the man of my dreams.  But then I read that I would need to take along an extra camera body, and multiple lenses, and various other items which I do not have.  Really Tom, if I had an extra camera body and a 700mm lens, would I need you to help me get a picture of a wolf.  Well, maybe. 
Adding this to my bucket list.  And my Christmas list.  And my to-do list.  And the list of things to do tomorrow.  And my grocery store list.  Because the chance of it getting crossed off any one of them is slim to none.  But it doesn't hurt to dream.

2 comments:

MEL said...

Wilford Brimley?

Miss Brenda said...

No, but if you wanted a pic of Wilford I could probably get you an autographed one since he really lives here in Dodge City.