Monday, February 27, 2012

February Book Report

Title:  The Circle Maker
Subtitle:  Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears
Author:  Mark Batterson
What the Book is About:  BHAP  (Big Hairy Audacious Prayers)
Something I learned from the book: 
The brain is a goal seeking organism.  Setting a goal creates structural tension in your brain, which will seek to close the gap between where you are and where you want to be, who you are and who you want to become.  If you don't set goals your mind will become stagnant.  Good setting is good stewardship of your right-brain imagination.  It's also great for your prayer life. 

AND...Goals are dreams with deadlines
What I Liked Best About the Book:  The idea that I need to Dream Big, and Pray Hard, and Think Long.  To pray prayers that may not be answered today, tomorrow, or in my lifetime. 

What I am Doing Today:  (Not really part of the book, but just continuing the format...) 
Getting ready to get ready to travel to Mexico.  (Yes, the country to which the USA has discouraged travel.)  For a missions trip--one of my biggest dreams. 
What I am Not Doing Today:  Dusting
Off to a great start to my experiment in giving up dusting for lent.  (Experilent?  Experilint?)  In order to make it a more spiritual (lack of) exercise, I am going to write Bible verse references in the dust.  This week I give you 1 John 4:19.

I was thinking by Good Friday, God Himself may reach down and write something on the front of the TV. 

The STP suggested it will be "DUST ME".

1 comment: