Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dodge City Graffiti

You know I love me some spray paint.
 But a few weeks ago some helpful young Dodge City-zens spray painted my meter.
And my garage.
  I'm still getting all my utility bills, so whatever meter that is is not greatly effected.  But the police came to my door one day and asked me to estimate the cost to repair the damage.  And I think I would like to have the garage replaced.  I have already pinned what the new one will look like.  In the meantime I have been ignoring thinking about the north side of the garage.  (And giving thanks that the Goob was not the young citizen that brought the police to my door.)  I didn't have any matching paint.  Nor do I want to invest in any paint for the garage.  Because I am waiting for it to fall down.  So I can rebuild it like the one I saw on Pinterest.  Until then there was still the matter of the garage graffiti.  You know I considered just adding additional spray paint.  But I didn't even want to spend $2.00 on the garage.
So today God Himself provided almost a gallon of matching paint.  For $1.00.  At a yard sale. 
So we set about covering over the garage graffiti.
As in, the STP painted and I documented.  Because it is good to document miracles.  Even $1.00 miracles.
The $1.00 paint is a little brighter.  But just a few sand storms should even things out.
And this is what it would look like from a trotting horse.
So the answer to the police question about the cost of reparations?  One dollar. 
Unless of course God Himself decides to go ahead and replace the garage.  I love me a good miracle.

3 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Venice Beach Graffiti Wall! Hone your skills...

Minnie said...

You have a horse??

Minnie said...

You have a horse??