Wednesday, August 29, 2012

If You Are a Bug

The SFG is a little unimpressive this year.
Unless you are a bug.







Then there is a towering tomato plant--complete with green tomatoes.
And a forest of carrots.
And a jungle of oregano.
Right next to the zucchini.
In the opposite corner, we have the rhubarb.
And of course, the eggplant plant.
If you are a bug the SFG is a pretty awesome place.

SFG all natural update:  I used the compost sifter to actually sift compost last week.  I talked the neighbor into putting his grass clippings in my compost box instead of the dumpster.  I shredded some newspapers to add as well.  I added some of the finished compost to the empty squares in the SFG.  And I bagged some to add to the rest of the squares at the end of the season.  I had a goal to grow and eggplant.  So far I have managed to grow an eggplant plant.  Does that count?

1 comment:

MEL said...

I am not a bug, yet I am impressed. My goal was to grow a watermelon. Next year I want to grow one that doesn't have seeds.