Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Don't Need Anything...

...Except this ashtray...
I've started thinking about Christmas Lists. And my Christmas list in particular. And not just the list where I write down the things I am giving. I've really been thinking about what I need. And I really don't need anything. And since I live outside the realm of actual stores, I don't know what is out there that I might need. So I have compiled a list of things that I want. So in case you need to gift me with something you'll have an idea where to start. (I have spent all my money on plane tickets to PA so my gift to you will be my presence. Shop accordingly.)

1. A gorillapod. (My original one broke on the fly fishing trip.) For my new little digital camera that Santa will bring me. Unless you want to gift me with a camera. Then I want one of those little Nikon things with the touch screen that Ashton Kucher takes to parties . Don't worry--Santa can return his.
2. A book about flyfishing. Essential Fly Fishing by Tom Meade
3. A book about Wyoming wildflowers. A Field Guide to Rocky Mountain Wildflowers by Frank and John Craighead OR the National Audubon Society's Wildflowers: Western Region OR Weber's Rocky Mountain Flora. Any of the books on my want list can be used. I plan to use them.
4. A book about tying my own flies. The Benchside Introduction to Fly Tying by Ted Leeson and Jim Schollmeyer. And some fly tying tools and supplies. Because I don't have enough unfinished projects in my life.
5. A pedi-egg and foot lotion. Since the clutter gene is apparently linked to the dry scaley feet gene.
6. A kayak. I was planning on using my Christmas club money to buy two kayaks, a couple of PFDs, and paddles. But instead I spent it on plane tickets. Maybe next year.
7. A Motion Plus Accessory for my Wii remote and a pink silicone case for my Wii remote with motion plus accessory. Since I will most likely be only virtual kayaking again this year. At least I want to do it with style.
7A. My own Wii remote. So I can play in party mode.
8. Pretty tops and/or lightweight sweaters. Like the kind they sell in stores with dressing rooms. Like Kohl's. Or figure flattering styles like they sell at Coldwater Creek. I would accept gift cards from either of these places, but I would rather you pick them out. You know what I like. Size L
9. A new picnic blanket. Pieced together out of genuine polyester double knit squares. Backed with a polyester sheet. Preferably lime green. Knotted together with yarn, although this detail is of minimal importance. This would be the best gift I ever got. (Except that leather wallet I got when I was about twelve. With the mushrooms on it.)
10. Ear muffs. Like the kind on the back of the LLBean catalog that wrap aound the back of my head. Just because I saw them and I want them.
11. A new flannel nightgown. (Unlike the books on my list, I want this to be new.) Because my old one is worn out. Size L
I hope that's enough to get you started.

3 comments:

Minnie said...

what a list-I wish I had your name-you would be so easy to buy for. I think I remember that wallet!!

Amanda said...

i am sad that your blogs dont show up on my dashboard anymore. i got you something off your list before i even knew you had a list. i'm so proud of myself. i hope someone else doesn't get it too... but is it possible to have too much of a good thing?

nancyann said...

If you use a pedi-egg and foot lotion does the clutter also go away?