Monday, November 09, 2009

A Little Retreat

I took call at the hospital this weekend and because it is just a little too far from home, I had to sleep over. At the hospital. I had room 101. Fortunately, the hospital was not at capacity so it was a private room. I had just a few hours of work and a lot of time to think. And read. And pray. And watch the Giants lose. And knit. And nap. And talk on the phone. And be thankful. Here are a few things I was thankful for:
32. That I wasn't in the hospital because I was sick.
33. That I was testing other people's kids for influenza and not my own.
34. That I could see the mountains out my window.
35. Orange yarn and circular knitting needles
36. Peace
37. Quiet
38. A family that can care for themselves and each other for a weekend
39. A family that was glad to see me when I got home
40. Hugs
41. Kisses
42. Toothpaste

1 comment:

nancyann said...

I would think that after a whole weekend toothpaste should rank higher than kisses. I'm thankful that you are my sister.