Monday, November 02, 2009

Power Pumpkin Carving

I bought my pumpkin along time ago. It sat on the back porch because I bought it too early to even let any one see I had a pumpkin. I mean the kids were hardly back to school. But suddenly it was Halloween night and the pumpkin wasn't carved. It was already dark. And there was no way to get a candle inside the pumpkin. And no plan. So we just had to wing it. With a prayer and a power tool.






First we cut off the top (like Stasi suggested).

Then we searched for the pumpkin carving tools. Which were probably never on the truck.

So we decided to use the drill. And no pattern at all.

And then, just because pumkin carving is a good excuse to stab things with a knife, we used a knife too.

And then we put the candle inside and put it out on the porch. The front porch. Where it was less than impressive. But really, it is more about the process, isn't it? Isn't it?
I wish I had a really cool picture of it in the dark, but that would have required me to go outside and work with the camera, and, obviously, this was a minimal effort Halloween year.
You should just go to Ami's blog and see her pumpkin.
(I taught her everything she knows about pumpkin carving.)

No comments: