Friday, June 03, 2011

Mr. Plaid and Ms. Smarty Pants

I am not a big fan of facebook.  I'm not very good at facebooking.  But I stay because I like lurking about in other people's lives.  A little while back this picture surfaced on facebook.  It is from my high school yearbook.  It is also from the STP's highschool yearbook.  Because the STP and I went to high school together.  Here is a little proof.  We appear together in this yearbook picture. Class of nineteen seventy something.

It is of Senior Favorites. I worked on the yearbook staff, but I don't remember this picture.    Not only don't I remember the picture, but I couldn't remember what I was favored to do or be.  (Just looking I don't think I was best looking, but I might have been in the running for best dressed.)  I hoped I was funniest.  Or person you would most like to be stranded on a desert island with.  (Deep down I had a suspicion I was 'most likely to take her algebra book on a date.')  I asked the STP if he knew why he was favored.  He thought he was voted  Mr. Personality.  Oh yeah?  At this point the STP went and found our high school yearbooks.  Sure enough, he is pictured with 'personality' under his picture.  And under my picture is says 'studies'.  Which is another way of saying 'most likely to take her algebra book on a date'.  The STP says it meant I was smart.  Smart enough to marry Mr. Personality. 
He still has it, doesn't he?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

is dad even wearing plaid in that pic?

Abi said...

no he's not... Oh the intrigue.