Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another Bloomin' Update

The peony bloomed last week.  (Note peony in the singular)  I rewarded it by chopping it off and putting it in a beautiful green glass vase so I could enjoy it more.  (Note that you can see the table top in this picture.) 





The second bud has refused to open.  I have offered it more water and a promise of amnesty.  Still I am counting the peony transplant project a success for this year.   

The paprika yarrow has come into its own. 


The flame plant is thriving in the hanging basket.  Evidently it helps that I did not water it with vinegar this year.

 The Stella d'oro day lillies are both doing well in the front beds.



And just a teaser--the lupine(a new perennial this year) has the promise of a bloom.  (And the orange daylillies have buds like crazy.)


But possibly my most favorite bloom is in the SFG.  The chocolate cherry tomato plants have little chocolate cherry tomato blossoms.  I can't wait!

 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i am a little bit in love with your fire plant :)