Monday, June 13, 2011

What's Blooming II--Pots and Planters

I stuck my camera up in the hanging basket to see if anything was blooming.  I think this one is in need of some miracle gro.
The other hanging pot just has red petunias in it. I have visions of this growing and overflowing like the baskets in Wilmore, KY. Usually the things I put in this pot shrivel and die, but this could be the year of flourish and overflow,
Speaking of dead and dying, I bought these little crispy yellow things at a yardsale.  I never get anything to grow in these front flower pots.  Mostly because I can't remember to water them.  I don't hold out a lot of hope for these guys, but they sure are cute now in my blue pots, aren't they?
Petunias grow well in my planters.  This year they are both my fillers...





...and my thrillers.

The color scheme this year is purple, red and yellow.
I tried some new things in the boxes.  Yellow marigolds and a new yellow spiller. 
Purple verbena and those red things the STP likes along with the usual red geraniums. 
I'm pretty pleased with the results so far.   
(Thinking that growing flowers is not unlike raising children. Lots of hope and promise.  Lots of work and attention required.  And if you choose which pictures you take and share, you can make them look good.) 


No comments: