Monday, July 11, 2011

In Search of Glowing Orbs

The Slovakian Princess sent me this inspirational picture because she thought it was a great idea for my east yard. I thought it was genius.
I could just imagine the possibilities. 
Then I remembered the size of my east yard and I priced these little glowing orbs at $325-$1000 each.  I have to admit they were still attractive because they would float in my pool.  Then I remembered that I don't have a pool. 
So I was back to the original idea from the Princess.  Her orbs were made from a string of Christmas lights and 2 round white light fixture covers supposedly available at most thrift shops for $1-$3. Dodge City has thrift shops.  So while I was at work the STP located two perfect sized globes at $2 a piece and then he went fishing.  I found one on the kitchen table.  The other one was in the garage. 
 The spooky garage.
In a spooky bucket.
Let's be brave and look inside the bucket.  At the spooky soon to be glowing orb.
AAAHHH!!!With the spooky painted clown face!
Nice try, STP, but the paint was not as easily removed as the STP imagined.  So while the size was perfect, the spooky clown faced orb had to be returned to the thrift store.  And I am still searching for the second orb for my east yard.  Because the idea is still genius. 
In the meantime, the first perfect orb is out in the east yard.
( Just trying it on.)
I'll update you when there are two of them and they are glowing. 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

spooky painted clown face makes me inexplicably laugh uncontrollably... love you! i'll be on the lookout for perfect-sized orbs!

Abi said...

It made me laugh too :) I think you should have put it in the garden till you found another one just to see people react if they notice it.

Minnie said...

You can actually return something to the thrift store? Do you just donate it back or they actually give you $ back?