Friday, July 22, 2011

Solitary Shakespeare

Tonight was Shakespeare in the Park in Dodge City.  I decided yesterday I would go.  The STP decided he needed to work this evening.  The Goob decided he needed to be anywhere but in the park this evening.  The SLD is not allowed in the park.  This has been a park rule since before we moved here.  Evidently some people's dogs can not behave themselves in the park.  Once I get elected to the Dodge City Council I will have this rule changed.  Or at least an exemption granted for the SLD.  Clearly this rule should not apply to her.  The park would be a delightful place for her to run.  And to chase squirrels.  And to keep me company for the Merchant of Venice.  As it was, I had to cleverly place my lawn chair at the end of a row of strangers and pretend I was with them. Happily, I chose some good looking younger couples to pretend to be friends with.  And it was a lovely evening for Shakespeare in the park. 
And a lovely evening on the patio.  There is a little breeze, so the killer mosquitos are held at bay.  The STP is still working.  The Goob is still avoiding me.  The SLD, who does not hold a grudge, has joined me outside.  She is contentedly chewing a bone in the grass circle.  Kind of like her own private park.  I don't think I could have spent a better evening by myself.  But I still missed you.
Tomorrow I am going to tour the grounds in the am.  And buy cherries with stems.  I don't know how you can stay away.

No comments: