Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tour the Grounds--High Points

The portulaca is growing along the sidewalks.  They came back from the ones I planted last year.  These make me happy in a Grandma Weinzierl sort of way.
These are the Abi's lilies from her fourth grade fundraiser.  They have moved three times.  They remind me of the garage in South Fork and the girls on the roof.  (Go in your house and leave me alone.)

I grew these white coneflowers from seeds.  Growing things from seeds is like a miracle thing.  It just makes me happy.  I have them in purple, too.
These red holly hocks are along the east side of the house.  I stole the seeds for these on one of my first walks through town.  I planted them where I thought the fence would be.  Hollyhocks grow like weeds here in Dodge City.  That fact does not make me any less happy to have them growing along my fence. 

These next two are in the front flower boxes on the front porch.  
They are stunning from the street.
And absolutely beautiful from the porch swing.

1 comment:

Abi said...

The porch looks like an oasis, let's scrap VA and sip rootbeer floats on your porch for a week. :)