Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rocketman

 The Goob (and the STP) built a model rocket.
Today was the launch date.  (Randomly chosen based on the fact that it was time to get it off the table in the big room.)
The first attempt was less than impressive.  3-2-1 nothing.  (Maybe it was because we used rhubarb leaves for the wadding.)
A few adjustments to the detonator launch controller.
3-2-1 again.
And we have liftoff!
It went so high it was out of sight.  (I would share the next picture in the series but you know pictures of the sky are not really my thing.)
What I'm really good at is capturing the moment.
And today had a lot of good moments.



5 comments:

Brenda's Man said...

I could see it right until the second stage lit! Man that went high! What a great day!

Amanda said...

wow that's a great rocket lift off shot!

Abi said...

your camera skills amaze me.

planemech2us said...

Where did it land??

Miss Brenda said...

I got pictures of the search in the sagebrush, but even though the parachute did not open well and suffered some damage, all the stages and pieces were recovered.