Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The Patio Debut

The patio was finished by the Fourth of July.  So we invited the neighbors to have lunch with us.  All of the neighbors.  Unfortunately, we had to wait until the patio was actually done, so we didn't actually invite them until the evening of July 3rd.  Most everyone already had plans.   But I had prayed that the Lord would bring whomever He felt should be there for lunch.

  So at noon on Monday the STP and I were alone on the patio (with enough food for about 15 people).  We had already decided who we would invite for supper to help us eat up the leftovers.  And when the Goob went to extend the invite, there was a question of whether they should come for lunch or supper,  and we said if they had no lunch plans (at half past lunchtime!), then they were more than welcome to join us for lunch.  Immediately. 

By the time they arrived 3 neighbors also showed up and so the inaugural use of the patio was lunch for 10 family, friends, and neighbors.  Hamburgers, hotdogs, and sparkling conversation. 



I hung the candles in jars, previously known as the centerpieces from the progressive dinner. 
And I fashioned clever little wire thingys and hung more jars with flowers.
I filled the old washtubs with ice and drinks. ( I have two washtubs because, even though I didn't invite anyone until the night before, I have been planning this patio party for years.)
And I let Dixie use a green glass bowl for her water.  Because that's how much I love that dog (and how classy my patio is).

My neighbor brought me a frog.  I love that woman.


In the evening we had invited our church family to stop in for ice cream. 

When it got dusk, we lit the candles in jars, and the little Jamaican lanterns.
And then we walked to the park to watch the fireworks.

If you missed it, the patio will be here for awhile, so feel free to stop in. ( Don't worry, I have lots of bug spray. )
 Because, by far, my favorite things on the patio yesterday were people.

No comments: