Monday, December 19, 2011

House Tour

My house is not on the Dodge City house tour.  So I am going to give you a peek inside.  This is just inside the front door.  The front room is green and silver this year.  I also have a mercury glass bowl of green pears on the coffee table.  Like real pears that you can eat.  Genevieve from HGTV would be proud of me. 
And here are a few details you might not notice at first glance.

This little nested bird has been around along time.  He usually nests on the tree.  This is his first time in the front room.  Charming, if I must say so myself.
The chandelier is pretty much the same as last year, although I did add two green balls procured this summer at a yard sale.  Those frames on the wall have Christmas cards in them.  They have been hanging on the wall just like that since last Christmas.  A big time saver, and if you sit with your back towards them, you really don't notice them in June.
I took a picture of the whole room but when I went to post it I noticed the vacuum cleaner sitting in the middle of the room.  (Whose vacuum is that?)  And the theme here is things I don't notice.
Like this lovely tableau on the kitchen windowsill.  Which includes a paint can opener, a miracle grow spoon, a rock, and all the Betty Crocker coupons that the STP faithfully clips.  (Among other things.) 


Convicted by the picture, I added a few trees full of hugs and kisses.  (The STP added a few BC coupons before I could snap the new picture.) 
The rest of the clutter I moved to the kitchen counter, where it really isn't noticable.
I'm home all day.  If you don't stop by to see me, I will be forced glad to show you through the big room.  Stay tuned.