Thursday, December 15, 2011

Take a Picture

Last year we had our Christmas picture in August.  Complete with icicles.  But it is not usually that easy.  Usually we have multiple tries.  Multiple less-than-satisfying tries.  Because I always have an idea.  You know, a great plan.  Which never really comes to fruition.  Some years we have foregone the picture altogether and opted for a capturing the year in song
So this year I had a picture of the extended family wearing matching red vests that I conseriously considered using.  And a picture of the three of us wearing matching glasses.  But neither of them fit the idea in my head.  The one where we are on the front porch in the snow looking happy and healthy.  The one picture that captures the essence of the well adjusted, moderately successful family that I would like you to believe we really are.
So to that I end I scheduled a photo session.  As in I said to the Goob and his dad on the way out the door, "If you come directly home after school, we can take our Christmas picture on the front porch before it gets dark."
So after school, and as dark clouds gathered, the front porch looked like this:
Relatively festive and devoid of human lifeforms. 
Not to be deterred, I proceeded to take pictures of my empty front porch, cursing the lifeforms who did not bother to even show up.  Slightly disheartened, I had just amped up my pity party when the Goob appeared.
And no one can really put the kabash on a pity party like the Goob.
So we posed for a few mother/son shots. 
(Which I believe was as much to the amusement of passersby as it was to us.)  Because obviously the Goob and I are just the types to be doing body building poses on the front porch. 
We were kind of caught up in the moment when the STP arrived. 
Which brought us almost back to reality.  Okay, lets go with a slightly western look.   I'll get my hat, says the STP.
When we were finally all together we snapped this picture of ourselves. 

Which wasn't bad for a first try.  Three smiling lifeforms.  Two glowing orbs.  One horse. 
If this doesn't say happy well adjusted family relocated from Mars to Dodge City, I don't know what will.  So we decided to just go with it.  Besides, it was getting dark.
Joy to the World, Partner.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i love your picture. you guys look great!