Saturday, February 27, 2010

Living The Wild Life--Part 1

We went in search of big horn sheep. 
In a truck.  We don't have our own truck (yet) so we went in the back seat.  With experienced big horn sheep sighters in the front seat.
A definite advantage of searching from the back seat of a truck is that you are relatively safe from grizzly bears. 

A definite disadvantage is that it is more difficult to shoot pictures through the window of the scenery flying by.  But the scenery is just too amazing not to try. 
It might have been easier if I had been sharing the back seat with a more cooperative soul.  One who was interested in sighting big horn sheep. 




Or even in the scenery. 
Mostly, he just went because I made him.  Because I love spending time with him.  Because it is good for his soul to get out.  And for the lunch. 
He got the window seat, because he has the longest legs. 



Good news, Mom, I found the cup holders.  Bad news?  They were between my legs. 

3 comments:

Abi said...

Perhaps I could borrow your big horn sheep sighters... I do not see any?

Abi said...

Additionally I do not know what special rules apply in a grizzly area... other than always wear practical shoes.

Miss Brenda said...

To see the big horn sheep you have to stay tuned for part 2...
Also, I do not know what special rules apply. You have to get out of the truck to read the rules and that seemed a little risky to me.