Thursday, February 04, 2010

Call Me Jewel OR Is It Summer Yet?

Watched Julie & Julia last evening. So my name doesn't start with 'J'. I still have a lot in common with those ladies. I married a great guy. I moved somewhere where I don't quite fit in. I lack a real direction in my life. I love to eat. I have a blog. I'm known for my cooking.
No, really. Just last week I volunteered to take a meal to someone following surgery and they expressed surprise, if not delight. "Oh," they said, "We didn't think you cooked." A common misconception. I do not cook in the summer. And I do not cook well most other seasons. And that is pretty well known.
Talked to Amidala after supper the other night. Told her there was one piece of garlic bread left on the table. "Is it black?" she asked. Of course it was. Found out last month they sell garlic bread at the store in little heat and eat bags. Who knew?
Yesterday I worked 4 hours at the IBHCF and 4 hours at Dodge City Federal. When I was ready to leave the bank, I could not find my coat. After some inquiry, we decided I hadn't worn a coat. I was surprised, because it was about 20 degrees outside. When I went out to get in my car, I couldn't find my car. I forgot the STP came and got it to drive to visit at the hospital in the medium sized town about an hour from Dodge City. So I had to walk home, without a coat. (Okay, I live about two small town blocks from the bank.) It is scary what I will be like when I am really old. (Evidently the definition of 'really old' is about 20 years older than I am currently.) Decided there is one thing my children will not have to worry about when I am really old and suspiciously senile: What if I forget to turn the stove off. My plan is to retire somewhere where it is summer year round, and I will never even think to turn the stove on.
I did get a few ideas for celebrating Valentine's Day from Julie and Julia.

6 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

And I don't care what the groundhog says. I think it's getting warmer.

Amanda said...

lets go to Paris.

Anastasia said...

I was thinking about this...did you really take a bread baking class at Bozcov's or is that one of "those" memories...
I'll meet you in Paris

Miss Brenda said...

Oh,yes. The one culinary skill I acquired and then the great guy I married turned out to be gluten intolerant.

Miss Brenda said...

I have my passport.

Abi said...

Nick just got his passport today, we are good to go :)