Saturday, February 06, 2010

Smucker Up

Invited a couple to join us for supper last evening. They volunteered to bring something. The STP suggested rolls or bread. Because 'bringing the rolls' in our world is a minimal effort contribution. They showed up with a loaf of homemade white bread still warm from the oven. They left the leftovers. I went to bed early so I could get up and have homemade bread with butter and jelly for breakfast.
The Goob packs a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day in his lunch. For ever we have used the store-brand or generic grape jelly. But last week the STP shopped and Smuckers was on sale. So he bought it. And even the Goob commented how much better it is than the usual jelly. I guess the commercial is right. With a name like Smuckers, it has to be good. Cause it was delicious. Took me back to breakfasts at Aunt Ag's kitchen counter.
I'm already planning to have salad and bread for lunch. Can you eat lunch at 10:00am? Or can I just be Hobbit-like and have second breakfast?

No comments: