Tuesday, November 08, 2011

There Are No Bakeries Here

I once had a list of things I should teach my kids before I launched them.  Things like how to balance a checkbook and how to bait a fish hook.  I finally just bought the two oldest each a book and sent them on their way.  I trusted them to pass the books back and forth and eventually on to their little sister. The books had information on how to poach an egg.  And other invaluable information I didn't have time to pass on.   A mother can only do so much.  But clearly somewhere along the way we missed the info on parchment paper.

 And clearly it is information they needed.  As evidenced by the amazing birthday cake fiasco (Note 9:15pm) of September 2011.
Step #1  Follow the directions:
Step #2  Cut parchment to fit pans.
Step #3  Note that parchment paper lines just the bottom of the pan.  I sprayed the pan with cooking spray before I put the parchment paper in the pan.
Let's review.
Right way:
Wrong way:
TaDa!  The cake comes out of the pan easily, in one piece, and shaped like the pan.
Sorry I did not give you this before you left home.  Maybe you should come back for a little bit.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i miss you. can i come in about 13 days?

Abi said...

Thanks mom.. Can I come too?