Saturday, November 05, 2011

Yesvember-(The Positively Thankful Month)

Is it just me or is Christmas coming earlier every year?  The last trick-or-treater wasn't off the porch yet, and Toys R Us was on the TV making me feel like I was behind. 
So I am changing the month from NOvember to YESvember.  Today I say YES to the following:

11.  Seafood Friday at the Historic Dodge City Hotel.  (I ate all the food I saw and then requested to see the huckleberry cheesecake.)
12.  My pedometer.  (Even though I know 70,000 steps will not counteract the slice of cheesecake.)
13.  Cruise control.  (Reveling in the fact the the flashing lights in my rear view mirror were NOT directed at me this time.)
14.  Rubberbands.  (While reviewing my original thankful list from 2006, I noticed rubberbands made the list.  At work I have these great orange rubberbands.  They make me happy in an office supply sort of way.
15.  The color orange.  (Orange applied to almost anything makes it better.)
16.  Reuben sandwichs.  (Nice try,  Arby's. You made me hungry for the real thing.)
17.  Heated car seats.  (Even though the car book has 6 warnings about things that could go wrong with them, and things not to do in them.  And what not to wear while sitting in them.)

Let's just pick it up here next time. 

2 comments:

Abi said...

what should you not wear while in your heated seats? I have them and I don't alter my wardrobe to accommodate... I feel like I should maybe read my handbook now. :/

Putz said...

welcome to the bloh world , brenda, the thing is a unit of a blog is a post so what you have is just one post for a blog that goes on and on<><>i have been at it for 6 years