Friday, November 06, 2015

Thanksgiving Pictorial Post

14.  Thankful for frosted window panes
The sun roof in my car early yesterday morning.  Love that little water molecules line themselves up when they get cold.  The microbiologist is me is attracted to little things.  Talking to the STP yesterday about nanotubes.  
Me:  I love the very idea of nanos.  I wish I was...
   I was thinking I wish I was starting my career over because I would be drawn to nantechnology.  I almost said younger, but that wasn't quite what I wanted to say.  While I was searching the hollows
of my mind for the right word the STP finished my sentence for me.
STP:  Tiny?  
Yes.  That's it.  I wish I was tiny.  Nano size.
End of conversation.

15.  Thankful for seat heaters.    (Especially appreciated yesterday morning when the window panes were frosted.) If you have these in your car I don't need to explain.
If you don't have them, I don't need to rub it in.

16.  Thankful for things that go honk in the night.
My day started early yesterday and ended early.  Early this morning.  When I was headed inside about 1:30am a large flock of geese flew overhead.  Headed south.  They were travelling loudly in a wide V, silhouetted white against the very dark sky.  I stood looking upward, hearing them first and then watching them fly directly overhead.  Then I took out my phone and snapped this awesome picture of the night sky, so I would remember to tell someone about it.  Guess you had to be there. 

No comments: