Tuesday, November 03, 2015

About My Day--Too Busy for Whining

Started the morning with a list of things I wanted to get done today. Added some things I wanted the STP to get done today.  Crossed everything off the list (except vacuum the living room, but, hey, I only added that because I thought I should, not because I wanted to).  Added a few things that the STP did that were not originally on the list.  The STP does not operate well from a list.  Just saying.

4.  I'm thankful for accomplishments. Today I paid some first of the month bills.  And I had money left over.  Right up until the mail came.  With more bills.  So I will add 'Pay bills' to tomorrow's list.  Today's list also included paint the floor, wax the steps, till the garden, rake the leaves, wash the shower curtain, water plants and dust the big room, take down the porch swing, put up the hooks in anticipation of hanging snowflakes, clean the fan and finish my Bible study.  All done.  All crossed off.  But seriously, if all I had accomplished today was painting this bird, I would still be thankful.
5.  I'm thankful for orange envelopes in the mail.  Today, along with the bills, the mail lady delivered a shutterfly envelope.  With a 2016 calendar with pictures of our family.  And while it made me happy, it made the STP sad.  Because we don't see enough of them. I will feel that way another day, but today I just felt happy that there so many pictures of us together.  And so many pictures of all of them doing well.  I'm going to look through it again before I go to bed. So thankful that I will have this to look at all next year.  Thankful for whomever put it together.  Here is a facetime picture of the best granddaughter in the world. Its not from the calendar, but it also makes me happy. This is the beautiful child who read me the creation story from her Bible.  Like I said, the best.
6.  I'm thankful for play.  This month my play involved paint.  The STPs play involved hunting and climbing rock cliff walls and tying a rope to himself and having his hunting buddy lower him over the side of the cliff to retrieve his gun.  The STP and I do not play well together.  Play involves something where you don't know the outcome, so both our endeavors qualify.  Here is where my project ended up.  I had several plans, several revisions, and I'm not sure yet that I am happy with the final result, but I am very happy with the way some parts turned out.  And I'm thankful for the chance to do it.  
Need to add "Varnish the floor" to the list.

1 comment:

Minnie said...

Love the painted floor! Where in your house is that?