Saturday, November 07, 2015

Replace, Repair,...

 It was not a spectacular year in the garden, but I grew enough hot peppers to be deemed 'the pepper lady' at work and I had stellar crop of carrots.
But the SFG fell apart at the end of the season. 
So I informed the STP that it would need some attention, either now or in the Spring.  He went out right away to survey the situation.  One side completely separated from the other three.  All the decorative corner pieces loose and falling off.  He asked if I wanted it replaced or repaired.  I was not very committed to gardening this summer and I was not ready to commit to a new garden, so I chose repair.  The STP got right to work.  Reattaching the fallen side and strengthening the corners.
Two corners look like this.  Since I am not complaining this month, I suggested that this did not meet my expectations, because I only have 16 square feet of garden and he had made almost an entire square foot unusable.  
So he repaired the third corner like this.
Once again my photography skills do not do this justice, because you can not see that there are three staples holding the L-shaped brace together.  
And now just a reminder what these corners looked like originally.
So I prefaced my next comments to the STP by reminding him that I wasn't whining, BUT I realized that I did not want the SFG replaced or repaired.  I wanted it restored.  The STP reminded me that wasn't one of my choices.  Fair enough.

No comments: