Monday, June 08, 2009

Books in the Mail

The mother of all of my current grandchildren is sending me books in the mail this week. So far I have gotten two. One on Saturday and one today. Book #1 is called 'The Day I Turned Uncool' by Dan Zevin and is about growing up. Book #2 is called 'A Girl Named Zippy" by Haven Kimmel and is about growing up in a different sort of way. I am reading them simultaneously. One in the living room and one in the big room. I am also thawing ground beef. Because I am supposed to be cooking supper. But I have no idea what to cook and no desire to cook anything. So I guess summer is officially here. I think if I form the ground beef into patties that the STP will grill them. That's my plan anyway. As soon as I finish one more chapter.
I hope I get another book tomorrow.

1 comment:

Abi said...

I had to read that several times because I thought you were saying the Claire was the mother of all grandchildren... (which she is). Glad you like them, they both made me smile several times. We love you :)