Saturday, June 27, 2009

The List



We are keeping the 'summer' list on the marker board. It is a fluid kind of thing. We cross off the things we have done. And we add new things as we think of them. Sometimes we add them after we do them and then cross them off immediately. That's the way all real list makers do it.


One of our newest additons is shoot rodents. Thanks to the real adult I floated with down the Platte River. I think it was a divine appointment. Until I met her I didn't even know I wanted to shoot rodents. Even now I just want to get to know her better, but what better way to bond than with a gun in your hand. Maybe I'll take along my patio dishes and after we have killed our quota we can eat cherries with stems. I think she was serious about shooting rodents. I hope it wasn't a jackelope kind of thing. If it was, I will reciprocate with an invitation to come over and hunt snipes.


I bought a fly rod at Cabela's yesterday.


And the list goes on....

3 comments:

nancyann said...

What kind of rodents do you shoot with a fly rod?

Miss Brenda said...

Hey--I'm new at this...

Prairie Mama said...

It wasn't a jackalope kind of thing! Let's get a date on the calendar : ) I love helping people check things off their lists (and getting to build relationships in the meanwhile)!