Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gladys Cravitts


This evening I went to the tug of war in downtown Dodge City as part of my Experience Summer in Wyoming. Actually, today I was only an observer. When I got there it was two teams of women in the middle of the street about to compete and one team needed an extra. I thought briefly about just throwing caution to the wind and joining in (the STP offered to hold my jacket), but there was a fire hose involved so I wisely observed. Turns out they spray a fire hose at the middle of the rope and the losing team gets pulled through the spray. Good use of discretion on my part. A little two wet and public for me. Then I pretended it was the weekend and ate supper at A&W. Nothing says summer like eating chili cheesefries and a root beer float in your car. Then I spied out my front window at the neighbors. Evidently in Wyoming, instead of playing catch in the yard with your dad, you play rodeo. Learn a few rope tricks. Lasso each other.

I still have a lot to learn here.

1 comment:

Abi said...

What was he lassoing? Maybe it's not something you do WITH your dad but that your dad does TO you, like when you are bad or something... I would like to learn from my mom rodeo tricks once she has mastered them. Is your backyard big enough?