Tuesday, August 12, 2008

From the Archives

It was 103 degrees when we moved in here. (Of course, it is a dry heat...I'm not sure what that means except that you broil to death rather that boil.) On Saturday I needed to do laundry and couldn't find the bottle of detergent that I packed, so I ran to Ron's Food Farm just like I was. No worries I told myself--no one here knows me. But as I was dragging my grubby body out through the parking lot with a bag of Hershey's kisses and a bottle of all temperature detergent I remembered that my picture had been on the front page of the weekly paper on Thursday. There was also a very nice article about Dave being the new pastor in town on page two. (I'm guessing it may have been page one news if it wasn't the week of the county fair. We just can't compete with pig wrestling.) So much for anonymity.
Talked to the guy who lives across the street. He and his wife loaned us an air conditioner. When I talked to him on the phone he says, 'I noticed you haven't got a pick-up.' Evidently, not much I do goes unnoticed here.
Tonight I am waiting till after dark to go out and take an old window frame out of the dumpster. No doubt someone will ask me about it at church on Sunday.

No comments: