Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hey, Butter, Butter!

Okay, here is the scoop on butter. Actually, margarine. The sticks of butter here are sized differently. Shorter and fatter sticks. Still 4 to a pound package. But packaged in two rows of two rather that four in a row. So the package is also shaped differently. And not just one brand--all of them. Blue Bonnet. The local brands. All of them. Is this something peculiar to Wyoming? Did all of the butter industry change shape in the three days it took me to get here? Is all butter West of the Mississippi shaped like this? Is there a place half-way between here and there where there are two different shapes available and you have to choose? What should I do with my old butter dish which is clearly made to fit my old sticks of butter? Who has these answers?
On another buttery note: We had fresh corn on the cob for supper tonight. It was in the field at 4:00pm and I was rolling it in butter at 6:00pm. I may have moved to heaven.

1 comment:

Minnie said...

We have butter/margarine packaged that way here in CA, so maybe it is a western US thing.