Friday, August 08, 2008

Living in a Bubble Wrap

A before and after...
I have been out of touch. No TV, no internet, no news.
I didn't even know there was an earthquake.
Abi told me that California fell into the ocean. I thought she was kidding. "Good news," she said. "You're closer to the beach."
Two weeks without the internet has made me realize that before I had a blog, I just blogged in my head. And that thoughts don't stay in my head very long. For instance, I left my camera's battery charger at my mother-in-law's on my way back from vacation. Even though Dave called her and asked her to send it, I am afraid she will not remember to send it or she will forget who to send it to. And someone else will get my battery charger and not know why, or even what it is. This was really annoying to me, until I remembered that I was the one who FORGOT it in the first place. It is scary to me when I think I am becoming my mother. The thought of becoming my mother-in-law--too scary for words.

Anyway, Amanda let me use her camera to document the move. But I can't get the pictures off of it, because I don't have the right cord. (How did this get so complicated?) So, if I can remember, I will try to catch you up. If not, that will be two weeks we just missed.

Remind me to find out about the re-engineered butter sticks...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

there was an earthquake? gosh i should pay attention to more than just the weather...