Friday, August 29, 2008

Too Much Information? or Why Do All My Titles End With Question Marks?

My counselor told me that I don't have to tell everyone everything. (Maybe I shouldn't tell you that. Maybe you will be freaked out that I ever needed therapy. Or maybe you can just relax because you don't have to figure out a way to suggest I see a therapist. Been there. Done that.) So I'm thinking that maybe my blog is full of too many details. And that someone will happen across it and start reading and be unable to stop and will want my life. So they will stalk me, and get plastic surgery to look like me, and will kidnap me, and move in here. So to protect myself and so we don't all end up being an episode of Law and Order, I've been thinking about using code names. Like I refer to my husband as PD. And I never really name the town I live in. I call it Little Town, or Ghost Town, or Dodge City. And I never use my kids real names. I call them Princess, or Goober. And I refer to others by acronyms SWDGM--she who doesn't get me, or fairy tale characters like Cinderella.
So if you want to suggest your own code names now would be the time. I will consider your suggestions, but just know in advance that I already have some names that I use in my head to refer to you. In fact, now that I think about it, it may be safer for me just to use your real names.
I am going camping this weekend. With several families from the church. They will be sizing me up and studying how I react to adverse conditions. I will making up names for them in my head. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

So what is your code name Miss Brenda? Or should I just call you Miss.

Abi said...

You have been watching way too much daytime television...

Abi said...

and on second thought you could get another good looking woman's picture and photoshop her face on yours in all the pictures on your blog, thus making it more difficult to assume your identity.

Anastasia said...

I draw the line at changing the color of your sweater. I will not photoshop your face.
Do i get to be Princess? lol shame i dont have a baby it could be the pea :) ...Micah can not be the pea. He would resent that. maybe he could be...ummm....Son in law #1 (purely chronological :) ...or he suggests that maybe you could just not blog about him at all... he wishes i would do that
Also, Sarah, your profile picture is gorgeous.