Monday, April 19, 2010

Crafting With Ms Brenda

The Slovakian Princess sent me a link to the essential life skill of toilet paper origami.  So I did a little research to see if this indeed essential, or even a skill.
  I started with the basic triangle.  If this is a skill, I believe I have mastered it.  If I apply for a position at a hotel, I will list it on my resume.






From here I moved on to the diamond.  A little trickier, but it is the one I would use in public bathrooms.  I think the extra effort is evident.





Next I tried some of the fanfolds, but I think this would work better with the toilet paper my mom buys.  A crispier version.  (My roll from downstairs was a little too soft.) 
You can just go to the web site if you are still interested and try these yourself.  There are very good directions available.  With pictures.  You can also buy a book or two dedicated to this topic.  I might check to see if I can just borrow one from the library, rather than invest in my own copy.  Because pretty much I have spent all the time and energy I am going to on toilet paper origami. 




Here then is my bottom line on TP origami:  
This is not essential in my world.  In my world the toilet paper is not even on a holder.  It just sits on its end.  This eliminates the hassle of whether the paper should roll off over or under. In the upstairs bathroom, it has a fancy place to sit. 
In the downstairs bathroom, it is not so fancy. 



Me:  I'm trying toilet paper origami.
STP:  I know.  I went downstairs to the bathroom.
Me:  Oh, did you think you were in a fancy hotel?
STP:  No, there was no toilet paper there.  I thought I was in a really cheap hotel.
Me:  Oh, sorry.

And I am a crumpler, not a folder, anyway.


5 comments:

Prairie Mama said...

You make me laugh! Love it!

nancyann said...

Will you be making Amanda's TP wedding dress?

Miss Brenda said...

Yes, can you help us sew on the buttons after the rehearsal dinner?

nancyann said...

So long ago!

Miss Brenda said...

Some things you never forget.