Monday, April 12, 2010

A Sparkle Dun Done

This is the fish-eye view of chapter 6--The Sparkle Dun. 
And this is the fish-eye view of my first attempt to tie a sparkle dun.
  I think the adptations I made will make this an excellent fly to use in heavy pocket water of mountain trout streams.  The loosely dubbed body will allow air to be trapped within the dubbing wraps and will aid floatation.  And the total lack of hackles will allow it to ride low on the water.  I plan to use it when I fish in less pressured wilderness streams. 
I am ready to move on to chapter 7, but first I need to locate a stripped goose biot(I am not making this up.)  If you have an extra goose biot you are willing to send my way, I may be willing to strip it myself.  Just let me know.  Also, even though I have a hair stacker I (obviously) don't know how to use it.  And if you know what heavy pocket water looks like or what pressures a wilderness stream, I could use that information as well. 

1 comment:

Abi said...

yours looks great! a little chubby but you never cease to amaze me :)